State Requirements

Anyone who wishes to work as a bartender or server in the State of Vermont must be certified.  It is the employers responsibility to ensure that all servers have completed an approved training program.  And, if the establishment is found to be out of compliance, they will loose their liquor license for one day.

The Alcohol Seller Awareness Program (ASAP) was developed by the Department of Liquor Control after the Vermont legislature passed a law that required alcohol sellers and servers to be certified by a state approved training program.

Enroll Now